Announcing Producers Week

by Mohit Arora on March 11, 2009

producers_week1

I’d like to announce that next week will be Producers Week, right here, on makingthemogul.com.

Producers Week will feature interviews and features with some high-profile producers and producer managers, as well as a report on this Saturday’s “So You Want To Be A Producer” webinar, presented by In The Know Seminars. (If you haven’t already registered for In The Know’s webinar, please do so by clicking here.)

As part of Producer’s Week, I would like to invite all upcoming music producers to post your questions for hit producers, Midi Mafia.

Whether you want to ask about getting into the game, selling beats, or plug-in selections, this is your opportunity to get insight and advice from Billboard charting producers.

Please leave your questions in the comments section below.

The deadline for questions is Saturday, March 14th, at 6:00pm EST.

BAO PHAM AKA CLASSIC March 11, 2009 at 11:23 AM

i would like to know if a manager is a good route to go. i know you have to put in your own work and network to build relationships, but i feel like the manager is the one that may have better relationships with the industry people that they deal with, and that they can seal the deal. any suggestions?

DON DADA March 11, 2009 at 12:31 PM

I agree with BAO PHAM on his question. Good representation is the hardest thing to find in my opinion. They gotta know their music and really believe in the product we make. With that in mind…where do we start looking?

3rd Word March 11, 2009 at 1:16 PM

Is it better to go to production school or invest in my own equipment and learn by myself?

Franky March 11, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Midi Mafia, is there anything you regret?

Bao Pham aka Classic March 12, 2009 at 3:54 PM

In response to 3rd Word, in my personal experience, interning at a credible studio was waaay better than going to school. Learning the “language” of studio stuff is where school comes in, like compression, eq, limiting, signal-to-noise ratio, etc. You may not get paid at the studio while interning, and may have to take the trash out and sweep the floor, but the hands-on experience is priceless. Find the right studio first and learn from the right person.

leon March 12, 2009 at 4:39 PM

are plug-ins really a good replacement for rackmount modules?

Matt March 13, 2009 at 9:53 AM

Since they’re 2 producers, how do they decide the percentage split between them?

FWDF March 14, 2009 at 1:30 PM

Given the current state of the music Industry, would you still advise one to fully pursue a musical career with no real back up plan?

Dana March 14, 2009 at 7:02 PM

Since Swift is from Canada, how important was it for you to move to USA for your career? I’m not from Canada, but I live in a small city that has NOTHING and think I might have to move to NY or ATL.

LL72 March 16, 2009 at 10:03 AM

Can u make money with a web site where u can offer ur beats for sell or lease ? And do digital record labels make money & if so how?

Tony March 18, 2009 at 10:37 AM

Im new on here and I want to do this young money thing Do i Just send it in

Tommy tucker March 22, 2010 at 7:54 AM

How do I even get my music heard by the right people for them to choose if they like my music or not, I know my beats are authentinc and tuff but I can’t get them heard by the right people