by moe on November 3, 2009

Jermaine Dupri recently spoke at BlogWorld Expo 09 about the effects of blogs and social networking sites like Twitter, on the music business.

Here are 2 videos of the panels he spoke on:

Also, social media blogger, Wayne Sutton caught up with JD for a quick convo about his talking points on the above panels:

What are your thoughts on what JD said?

Do you agree/disagree, and why?

kay November 3, 2009 at 12:32 PM

wow jd’s smart who knew?

!!!Vee!!! November 3, 2009 at 12:46 PM

He’s right about one thing, blogging is not for lazy people!

Tasha November 3, 2009 at 8:18 PM

He makes some good points. Its good to see someone like him embrace digital media the way he has. His comment about major bloggers not posting on the weekends, that’s a valid fact. Blog traffic is much lower on the weekends, so even though he says he has something new going on by Monday, it’s not about him, it’s about the reader.

FreshNerd November 4, 2009 at 8:59 AM

As Flava Flav would say….”word to burger!” Jermaine spoke the truth.

Daniel "Danny Dee" Aguayo November 10, 2009 at 8:16 PM

JD was extremely influential in my decision to become involved in the music business …when I was in 8th grade his “Life in 1472” came out and it exposed me to a myriad of artists who I wasn’t really familiar with being that I lived on the westcoast and Napster wouldnt be out for another year.

Im really glad he has stepped up and embraced social media, I hope to one day work with him.

Thanks for posting these vides Moe!

G-MO December 11, 2009 at 8:52 AM

I think what JD had to say is very relevant, he knows his shyt and that’s why he is where I’m trying to get to.

PromenadeMedia December 21, 2009 at 10:48 AM

Jermaine Dupri Discusses The Effects of Blogs & Social Media On The Music Industry http://tinyurl.com/yd5dgbn

This comment was originally posted on Twitter