As I prepare for Producers Week next week, I felt like something was missing.
I’m already featuring interviews with hit producers, and producer managers to offer incredibly valuable information for aspiring producers looking for some industry insight. But it still felt like something was missing.
Then, I opened up questions for everybody to ask Midi Mafia any questions by leaving them in the comments right here on makingthemogul.com.
Still, I felt like something was missing.
I wanted to offer something else to complete the circle.
You’re already getting incredible insight and information from Producers Week. But what about an opportunity to place your music? That would complete the week.
I won’t lie to you, I completely freestyled this idea about 2 hours ago, so with the little time that I have, I wanted to create something that could benefit any upcoming producer.
So, I made a quick call, and – well, how’s an opportunity to place one of your beats with Young Money sound?
Don’t say I never did anything for you! :)
Submit your music and the winning track will be chosen for an upcoming mixtape project by Young Money.
Here are the rules:
- You can submit up to 3 beats max.
- Include only mp3 or zip attachments (with mp3s inside). If you must use a file-hosting site, please use zShare. (MySpace links will not be accepted)
- Please name your tracks with your name and some kind of track name or number. (We don’t want to spend 3 days looking through everybody who submitted tracks called “Beat 1”)
- Please submit full tracks only. 30 second snippets will not be accepted.
- Managers are allowed to submit tracks for producers they represent, however must include the producers name (you’d be surprised how often they forget)
Remember, this is your chance to have one of the hottest groups on the planet record to YOUR TRACK, so only include your very best material!
The deadline to submit beats is Friday, March 20th at 10pm.
To submit your tracks, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The winner will be announced on March 31st, 2009.