Did Polow Da Don Use Garageband To Make Usher's "Love In This Club"?

by Moe Arora on April 4, 2008

Looks like ATL producer Polow Da Don, just pulled an early Swiss Beatz move. Apparently, Polow used a few of the premade music loops that come packaged with Garageband to make Usher‘s new song, “Love In This Club”.

Before anybody gets it twisted, I’m not putting anybody on blast. I’m a fan of Polow’s work and as companies and agencies become more creative with their marketing efforts, don’t be surprised if this was done intentionally and meant to leak out. I’m not saying it is, but you never really know.

Anyways, check out the… ummm…. the ummmmm…. the video:

Erika April 4, 2008 at 3:21 PM

Okay, so I opened up my copy of Garageband to see if I could find the loops. Couldn’t. Not saying it’s not there, I just couldn’t find them.

As much as I hate the idea of beatmakers making beats that are strictly off-the-shelf loops, I can’t really fault this producer in this case. Apple sells a few apple loop packages and, as far as I know, the loops are royalty free. Hey, it may not be the most creative way to make a beat, but I’m sure people wouldn’t complain if they were receiving the check.

MakingTheMogul April 5, 2008 at 1:02 AM

I agree. Personally, I believe you can pretty much do whatever it takes to create music. Obviously, there are some boundaries, but royalty-free samples are provided for the purpose of using them.

Alex Delarge April 8, 2008 at 4:28 AM

Yea I agree to a recent extent, there is no law stating that polo cant use loops but, these producers are getting paid large sums of money to produce unique songs..if i was a reputable artist..I would be upset to find out dude just used garageband with prepackaged loops…

MakingTheMogul April 11, 2008 at 11:53 PM

I guess it comes down to personal opinion. I know some artists who would trip if this happened to them, but I also know quite a few who don’t really care about how a track is made, as long as it’s hot. From the producer’s standpoint, they can be on opposite sides of the fence too; depending on their background. Some start as DJs where sampling is fundamental to their approach, while others start as musicians and denounce anything that’s not originally created. At the end of the day, it’s all personal preference.

The E-Biz April 16, 2008 at 11:28 AM

The real point is that none of these producers have a true music background and can really creat REAL MUSIC. But yet they get paid how much?

blahh May 17, 2008 at 11:50 PM

what are the loops called?

sterling storrs May 23, 2008 at 8:29 PM

i think music is music…i am a producer my self and the only reason i was hatin was because i didnt think of it my self!! if its hot its hot…..the only question mark i have is how in the hell is soulja boy sellin those beats…get silly?? r u serious..if any thang if soulja boy can sell a simple beat like that then i know im bout to blow up my self cause my ish is waaaaaaaay sicker then his check out the myspace.com/thecab-net

Julio May 30, 2008 at 1:54 PM

At least solja boy play his own freakin melody, however simple it may be! This dude to premade chords and progressions and passed them off as his own. Friggin clown… Call me a hater. Real musicians don’t respect this kinda mickey mouse production…

ScottyJewlz June 5, 2008 at 8:49 PM

Fuck that…..Dont hate because he took pre-sets and made a hit…Whens the last time your ass made a hit that pushed 450k the first week.

ScottyJewlz

lil J November 18, 2008 at 11:39 AM

what is the loops called

andrew rodrgiuez February 8, 2009 at 3:35 PM

the loop is called synth but it ain’t really it it’s just similar

8NME February 13, 2009 at 10:47 AM

New Heat!!! Heimlich On Dat Clip (CDQ) – Nicnack (prod. by Polow Da Don) —–> http:tinyurl.com/bup5pc

D. Lew March 20, 2009 at 2:23 PM

I found this loop is Logic last year myself and I thought is was crazy how Polow made all that money on preset Apple loops. According to his interview with Open Labs, he said the sounds in Logic were too thin and he doesn’t use them. (Amazing)
The name of the loop is Euro Hero Synth. I believe that’s it…