The Faces Of Hip-Hop 2.0?

by moe on September 15, 2008

Who's Got Next In Hip-Hop? Asher Roth, Charles Hamilton & Mickey Factz

The internet and the streets alike have been buzzing for months about 3 artists: Asher Roth, Charles Hamilton & Mickey Factz. Could they be the new faces of Hip-Hop?

What are your thoughts?

armand September 15, 2008 at 12:43 AM

yup they’re all nice. asher got mad talent and a fresh niche, I hope he blows up soon. LOL at bare feet, he bringing casual to a new level

Aura September 15, 2008 at 12:47 AM

Co-sign. All 3 are smart dudes that are bringing something fresh to the game.

roger September 15, 2008 at 12:48 AM

YES!!! yes they are the new faces of hiphop and THANK GOD for that!

The IPS September 15, 2008 at 12:54 AM

I like Mickey Factz and Charles Hamilton, haven’t really gotten into the other dude though.

Sara September 15, 2008 at 12:54 AM

I never heard of Mickey Facts but I like the other 2 so if you’re putting him in the same light as them I’ll check him out.

nikki September 15, 2008 at 1:01 AM

love them!!!! charles & mickey look like coordinated with the purple & white shirts & opposite legs against the wall. lol!!!!

JAmes September 15, 2008 at 9:07 AM

Asher Roth is the future.

Charles Hamilton is the future.

Mickey Factz is the future.

Music will be healed once these guys take over and DJ Khaled is no longer in the game.

Moe Arora | makingthemogul.com September 15, 2008 at 10:08 AM

@armand – Lol. Yeah man. Gotta be comfortable! haha.

@Aura – Couldn’t agree more. They each have their own distinct style and are very concise with their individual approach.

@roger – Amen!

@The IPS – He’s got a lot more in store; I’m sure you’ll end up enjoying.

@Sara – Definitely check out Mickey Factz. He’s a great emcee. Post a comment after you listen to him and let me know what you think!

@nikki – Lol! I didn’t notice, but now that you mention it, I see what you’re saying lol.

@JAmes – They’re definitely the future!. Lol@ your Khaled comment.

For anybody who may be unfamiliar with any of these artists, you can check them all out at their respective websites:

Asher Rothhttp://www.thedailykush.com

Charles Hamiltonhttp://www.iamnotcharleshamilton.com

Mickey Factzhttp://www.myspace.com/itzmickey

veena September 15, 2008 at 2:04 PM

ASHERRR ROTHHH!!!! omg i <3 asher roth!! lolz! i can’t wait for him to release a full cd. it’s going to be HAWT! i heard of charles hamilton but never really heard his music. i never heard of mickey factz. i’ll check them both out tho

AroundHarlem.com September 15, 2008 at 3:03 PM

I’ve heard of them all, but I haven’t listened enough to really judge.

What I have noticed is that they get an “A” for effort in regards to their online marketing. I’ve seen more buzz about them the most major label folks.

They are definitely pimping the Web 2.0 thing.

Bobby Kush September 16, 2008 at 11:47 AM

This list is is pretty accurate but this is my list in this order of who has next!!!

Wale
Asher Roth
Kid Cudi
Jay Who?
Charles Hamilton
Cool Kids

Wale’s “Mixtape About Nothing” is the album of the year, Jay Who? has an amazing album called “Where Da Sidewalk Ends” and That Kid Cudi mixtape “A Kid name Cudi” is craaaazy!!! Asher Roth has potential to be a force and Charles Hamilton is really niiice.

Matchstik October 21, 2008 at 2:01 AM

I am one of the new faces of Hip-Hop! Every blue moon someone like me comes around. If you don’t believe me come check me out for your self. I’ve already done over 11,000 downloads viral with no marketing all word of mouth. Check out http://www.myspace.co/matchstik to hear the music.

-Matcshtik